HELP: Apply local patch in phase

From: phodina
Subject: HELP: Apply local patch in phase
Date: Wed, 28 Dec 2022 01:48:00 +0000

Hello,

could you please suggest how to apply local patch using gexp?

The reason the patch is not applied to source is that it patches code from
submodule which is downloaded after unpack phase finishes.

There's nice example in the file 'gnu/packages/games.scm'

Here we list the patch as dependency:
```
(native-inputs
`(("unzip" ,unzip)
("patch" ,patch) ("love-11.patch" ,(search-patch
"mrrescue-support-love-11.patch"))))
```
Here's transformation to inputs without labels for my case:
```
(native-inputs
`(("unzip" ,unzip)
("patch" ,patch) ("love-11.patch" ,(search-patch
"mrrescue-support-love-11.patch"))))
```
And later we apply the patch:
```
(invoke patch "-p1" "-i"
(assoc-ref %build-inputs "love-11.patch")))
```
The issue here is when I attempt to do so with following code the expression
returns #f as the patch is not found:
```
(invoke (search-input-file inputs "/bin/patch") "-p1" "-i" (search-input-file
inputs "zenlib_dynamic_physfs.diff"))
```

Any ideas what to change?

----