Missing .so for guile-aiscm

From: Jonathan Frederickson
Subject: Missing .so for guile-aiscm
Date: Fri, 30 Dec 2022 19:29:35 -0500

Hi all - I'm trying out OpenCV via AIscm in Guix using the guile-aiscm
package, and I'm having some trouble. When I attempt to load one of the
AIscm modules, I get an error about a missing native library:

#+begin_src
jfred@lambdacrypt ~$ guix shell guile guile-aiscm
hint: Consider passing the `--check' option once to make sure your shell does
not clobber environment
variables.

bash: alias: -p: not found
jfred@lambdacrypt ~ [env]$ guile
GNU Guile 3.0.8
Copyright (C) 1995-2021 Free Software Foundation, Inc.

Guile comes with ABSOLUTELY NO WARRANTY; for details type `,show w'.
This program is free software, and you are welcome to redistribute it
under certain conditions; type `,show c' for details.

Enter `,help' for help.
scheme@(guile-user)> (use-modules (aiscm image))
While compiling expression:
In procedure dlopen: file "libguile-aiscm-util.so", message
"libguile-aiscm-util.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or
directory"
#+end_src

I've just updated to the latest Guix revision as of now with the same
result, so it looks like it's not something that was broken in a
previous revision and since fixed.

It seems like installing the library into this temporary shell may not
have installed its native components or something? I feel like I must be
doing something wrong here. Any help would be much appreciated!

--
Jonathan Frederickson