Re: Missing .so for guile-aiscm

From: jonathan
Subject: Re: Missing .so for guile-aiscm
Date: Fri, 30 Dec 2022 23:40:41 -0500

Ah, hmm - so I think I partly figured out why. (At least, enough to move
forward with what I'm trying to do.) The Guile package in Guix isn't
configured to look in GUILE_EXTENSIONS_PATH for native extensions. I
managed to work around this by doing this in a manifest for my project:

#+begin_src scheme
(define-public guile-search
  (package
    (inherit guile-3.0)
    (native-search-paths
     (list (search-path-specification
            (variable "GUILE_EXTENSIONS_PATH")
            (files (list "lib/guile/3.0/extensions")))))))
#+end_src

That said... is there a reason the Guile package doesn't already look
here by default?