Re: Guix Pull - Device or Resource Busy

From: Timo Wilken
Subject: Re: Guix Pull - Device or Resource Busy
Date: Sun, 8 Jan 2023 23:18:05 +0100

Hi MH,

I don't have the solution to your problem unfortunately, but here are
a few hopefully-useful pointers:

On Sun, Jan 08, 2023 at 06:20:56PM +0000, mhrunnels@yahoo.com via wrote:
> I have also run the "guix pull" command with the following options
> to ascertain the error.
>
> # guix pull --verbosity=3 --debug=5
>
> However, I have been unable to capture the standard screen output
> for analysis.  All attempts to direct the output using pipes "|" or
> redirection ">" have failed.

Guix logs to stderr, not stdout. Use one of the following two
incantations to capture it:

$ guix pull ... 2>guix.log   # redirect stderr to guix.log
$ guix pull ... 2>&1 | cmd   # pipe stdout and stderr to "cmd"

> PS - My "config.scm" file used to install and run the system is
> reproduced below.

In your config.scm, you seem to have a file-system record with an
empty mountpoint:

(file-system
 (mount-point "")
 (device (uuid "BDAA-FF93" 'fat16))