"profile contains conflicting entries"

From: Andy Tai
Subject: "profile contains conflicting entries"
Date: Mon, 16 Jan 2023 10:49:44 -0800

Hi, I run into this:

$ guix install guile-g-golf
The following package will be installed:
   guile-g-golf 0.8.0-a.1

guix install: error: profile contains conflicting entries for glib
guix install: error:   first entry: glib@2.73.3
/gnu/store/514nix1lfipx98hd3prjhq9vcv9iiw01-glib-2.73.3
guix install: error:    ... propagated from gobject-introspection@1.73.1
guix install: error:    ... propagated from guile-g-golf@0.8.0-a.1
guix install: error:   second entry: glib@2.70.2
/gnu/store/c4vz6q8i552yhqj6sq8cw5xqcjv8g3cf-glib-2.70.2
guix install: error:    ... propagated from dconf@0.40.0
guix install: error:    ... propagated from meld@3.20.4
hint: Try upgrading both `guile-g-golf' and `meld', or remove one of
them from the profile.

while the suggested solution works (I did not install one of the two),
I wonder is there a better way to solve this, like somehow
automatically update the dependency, as clearly meld shall be able to
use the later glib present?