Re: Packaging timewarrior

From: Trev
Subject: Re: Packaging timewarrior
Date: Mon, 16 Jan 2023 15:42:12 -0800

On 23/01/16 06:03PM, Timo Wilken wrote:
> Hi Trev,
>

> On 16 January 2023 17:44:45 CET, Trev <trev@trevdev.ca> wrote:
> >If it's of any use to anybody, I have attached the full build log.  Any
> >guidance would be appreciated.
>
> Make logs can be a bit annoying -- it runs multiple processes, and one make
> child can keep spewing info lines after another has already failed.

This is really good to know.  I will try to be more patient with these
log files going forward.

> In your case, the "real" error is further up in the log:
>
> /gnu/store/4y5m9lb8k3qkb1y9m02sw9w9a6hacd16-bash-minimal-5.1.8/bin/sh: line
> 1: /bin/sh: No such file or directory
> make[2]: ***
> [src/commands/CMakeFiles/generate_additional_help.dir/build.make:76:
> src/commands/additional-help.h] Error 127
>
> In Guix build containers, the /bin/sh symlink does not exist. Check
> timewarrior's makefiles for lines like "SHELL=/bin/sh" and substitute* them
> out with the result of something like #+(file-append bash-minimal "/bin/sh").

This did the trick!

-----
(arguments (list
               #:phases #~(modify-phases %standard-phases
                            (add-after 'patch-source-shebangs
'patch-hardcoded-paths
                              (lambda _
                                (substitute* "src/commands/CMakeLists.txt"
                                  (("/bin/sh") (string-append
                                                #$(this-package-input
                                                   "bash-minimal")
-----

I will clean my code up and get this contributed upstream :)

> Cheers,
> Timo

Cheers to you too.  Thank you for the coaching and assistance.

--

Trev : 0FB7 D06B 4A2A F07E AD5B  1169 183B 6306 8AA1 D206