Re: What are you doing for a screen locker?

From: kiasoc5
Subject: Re: What are you doing for a screen locker?
Date: Sat, 21 Jan 2023 14:54:50 -0500

On 1/21/23 13:44, Christine Lemmer-Webber wrote:
I used to use xscreensaver.  I kinda miss it.  It's still broken, see
bug #57919.

But really, the lack of xscreensaver has made me move back to Gnome and
recently Gnome started having weird bugs on my hardware, so then I
wanted to move back to stumpwm.  But I simply don't understand how to
get screen locking to work right without xscreensaver, which at least
had made it relatively easy.

The cookbook contains some info on how to use session locking with xorg
but it doesn't seem like complete information.  I'd be interested if
people would share their configurations.  Thanks!

xlockmore and slock are installed in %base-packages and should work out of the box on Xorg.