Re: guix deploy: modinfo.sh doesn't exist error

From: Dmitry Matveyev
Subject: Re: guix deploy: modinfo.sh doesn't exist error
Date: Mon, 23 Jan 2023 13:27:14 +0600

Hi, Tobias!

Tobias Geerinckx-Rice <me@tobias.gr> writes:

> Dmitry Matveyev 写道:
>> /gnu/store/ch9q9w5zbvgq8srr6dscq6hdf03pfqb4-grub-efi-2.06…
>
> Note the ‘-efi’.
>
>> …/lib/grub/i386-pc/modinfo.sh
>
> Note the ‘i386-pc’, i.e., non-UEFI.
>
> This GRUB thinks it's installing in BIOS/CSM mode, but was not built to
> support
> this, and fails.
>
> Is the ‘minimal ISO image’ booted in UEFI mode, that is, does
> /sys/firmware/efi
> exist there?
>
> If so, is the ESP actually mounted at /boot/efi?

It was indeed not booted in the UEFI mode, as I gathered from Vultr's
tutorial[1] on installing Gentoo, the volumes should use MBR anyway, so
my attempt to use both UEFI for ISO image and installation failed as
well.

[1]: https://www.vultr.com/docs/installing-gentoo-linux-on-a-vultr-server/

I have changed both ISO and deploy config to using MBR, now it is a
different error, so some progress at least. Thank you!

Best,
Dmitry.