Re: mbsync with XOAUTH2 SASL mechanism

From: Timo Wilken
Subject: Re: mbsync with XOAUTH2 SASL mechanism
Date: Wed, 25 Jan 2023 18:51:36 +0100

Hi Peter, hi Giovanni,

I had the same problem with having to register an "app" to access my
emails (but with neomutt, not Emacs).

Instead, I ended up "borrowing" Thunderbird's client key and secret,
which has worked fine so far.

Maybe I'm being a bit paranoid, but I don't want to post the literal
key here. You can copy it from mailnews/base/src/OAuth2Providers.jsm
in Thunderbird's source tree (look for "login.microsoftonline.com" in
the kIssuers variable near line 140). Send me an email privately if
you can't find it.

I hope that helps,
Timo