Re: Understanding config.scm Modules

From: Simon Tournier
Subject: Re: Understanding config.scm Modules
Date: Wed, 8 Feb 2023 18:03:25 +0100

Hi,

On Wed, 8 Feb 2023 at 16:49, Luis Felipe <luis.felipe.la@protonmail.com> wrote:

> On Wednesday, February 8th, 2023 at 14:07, Simon Tournier
> <zimon.toutoune@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > On jeu., 02 févr. 2023 at 19:02, "mhrunnels@yahoo.com" mhrunnels@yahoo.com
> > wrote:
> >

> > > 4) Where does the manual list the modules and module options for quick
> > > reference?
> >

> > I do not understand this question but I guess it is because the question
> > #2.
>
> I guess mhrunnels refers to an index of modules, something that is commonly
> found in API documents. As far as I know, Guix doesn't provide such an index
> or separate API reference documentation. The Guix manual mentions modules and
> what they provide in the context of sections.

Ah I see.  Well, using use-package-modules or use-service-modules, why
would you need to know that index of modules?

However, yeah, I agree that some modules from 'gnu' or 'guix' could be
also required.  Indeed, this video...

> https://10years.guix.gnu.org/program/#guixy-guile-the-derivation-factory-a-tour-of-the-guix-source-tree.

...is a really good start.  Maybe, it could be a starting point for
improving the manual.

In addition, I would mention: https://toys.whereis.みんな/

Cheers,
simon