Examples of local-host-entries or hosts-service-type?

From: Sergiu Ivanov
Subject: Examples of local-host-entries or hosts-service-type?
Date: Fri, 10 Feb 2023 23:40:24 +0100

Hello Guix,

I am reconfiguring my system right now, and guix system reconfigure
/etc/config.scm tells me this:

/etc/config.scm:126:27: warning: 'local-host-aliases' is deprecated, use
'local-host-entries' instead
/etc/config.scm:126:27: warning: 'local-host-aliases' is deprecated, use
'local-host-entries' instead
/etc/config.scm:124:14: warning: the 'hosts-file' field is deprecated, please
use 'hosts-service-type' instead

For the record, here are the lines guix system reconfigure is
complaining about:

(hosts-file (plain-file "hosts"
                        (string-append
                         (local-host-aliases host-name)
                         "some.ip.address.1 machine1\n"
                         "some.other.ip.address machine2\n")))

I spent quite some time trying to find some examples of using
local-host-entries or hosts-service-type, but I don't seem to find any
mention of these.  Quite on the contrary, the Guix manual actually seems
to advice declarations similar to those which I have in my
/etc/config.scm.

Could someone point me to an example of how I should update
my configuration?

-
Sergiu