resize of harddisk space for Virtualisation

From: Gottfried
Subject: resize of harddisk space for Virtualisation
Date: Thu, 16 Feb 2023 17:06:59 +0000

Hi,

How To extend/increase KVM Virtual Machine (VM) disk size?

I wanted to resize the room on the hard disk for Trisquel on the qemu virtualisation software.

but it does not let me to do it.
Why?

How can I increase the 20 Gb to 30 Gb for Trisquel on the harddisk?

gfp@Tuxedo /$ sudo qemu-img resize /var/lib/libvirt/images/Trisquel.qcow2 +10G
Passwort:
qemu-img: Could not open '/var/lib/libvirt/images/Trisquel.qcow2': Failed to get "write" lock
Is another process using the image [/var/lib/libvirt/images/Trisquel.qcow2]?

May be there is an other option to do that.
In qemu itself it is impossible. I tried to do it, but no change.
--
Kind regards

Gottfried