Re: Using an alternative python to build python modules

From: Kyle Andrews
Subject: Re: Using an alternative python to build python modules
Date: Tue, 21 Feb 2023 20:26:17 +0000

Simon Tournier <zimon.toutoune@gmail.com> writes:

> You might be interested by the unexported procedure from (guix
> build-system python)

Thanks, Simon. Wojtek already suggested this procedure to me and I have
been trying to understand it. Unfortunately, I am stuck earlier than I
originally thought. I can't figure out how to call it at all. I was
hoping it could be accessed via th `@@` procedure which I could think of
as analogous to the `:::` procedure in R which supposedly performs a
similar action.

```
repl> (define pwep (@@ (guix build-system python) package-with-explicit-python))
ice-9/boot-9.scm:1685:16: In procedure raise-exception:
error: package-with-explicit-python: unbound variable
```

I am starting the REPL via the `guix repl --listen=tcp:37146` command
and am able to execute `,use (guix build python)` inside of the guile
running in geiser.

There seems to be some secret Guile incantation I am overlooking. Could
you give me a hint of what this could be?

Thanks,
Kyle