Re: package store directory in custom location

From: Julien Lepiller
Subject: Re: package store directory in custom location
Date: Sun, 26 Feb 2023 09:23:55 +0100

Hi Andy,

so you could change the store location, but it would just create the same stone
structure as /gnu/store elsewhere, with the same issues and no substitutes.

Instead you could try to create a relocatable pack of python, and untar it
somewhere writable. There might be a small runtime penalty, but we're talking
about python anyway :)

HTH!