Re: How to handle concurrent QT versions

From: Alexander Asteroth
Subject: Re: How to handle concurrent QT versions
Date: Wed, 01 Mar 2023 09:14:27 +0100

Dear Andreas,

thanks for the reply. If I get you correctly the point you make:
> [...] unless you also install the Qt libraries into your profile.

is probably the cause of my problem. I did not build the softwares as
guix packages but simply made them compile (after some manual changes to
the code) in my current environment. If I now run a `guix package -u`
the libraries (from qtbase) get upgraded from 5.15.5 to 6.3.1 and the
program fails to run.

I guess I either need to make them into guix packages or let them run in
the old guix environment they were build in, right?

Bests,
Alex