Re: Icecat and ungoogled chromium in a container

From: Gottfried
Subject: Re: Icecat and ungoogled chromium in a container
Date: Thu, 2 Mar 2023 14:27:41 +0000

Hi,

thank you.

I downloaded this file with wget.

But how can I now use it? What do I have to do?

Is it only for icecat? or can I use it also for chromium?

Kind regards

Gottfried

Am 01.03.23 um 18:04 schrieb Dr. Arne Babenhauserheide:

Gottfried <gottfried@posteo.de> writes:
would it be a significant improvement for security if I used
Icecat and ungoogled chromium always in a container?
(I am using Icecat with the Tor browser)

I’m not sure about security of a container there — it could help if
there’s an unpatched vulnerability in icecat, but not so much otherwise.

But what can already help a lot is having a separate profile. Here’s an
example script that creates a locked-down profile on the fly:

https://github.com/hyphanet/browser/blob/main/freenetbrowser.in#L177

Best wishes,
Arne