Fwd: [gnu-soc] GNU Guix Project: Decentralized substitute distribution

From: Shivam Madlani
Subject: Fwd: [gnu-soc] GNU Guix Project: Decentralized substitute distribution
Date: Fri, 3 Mar 2023 12:47:29 +0530

---------- Forwarded message ---------
From: Shivam Madlani <shivammadlani5@gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 3 Mar 2023 at 12:42
To: <summer-of-code@gnu.org>

Hello all,
My name is Shivam Madlani aiming for GSoC'23, and I am particularly
interested in The Guix project. I took a look at the project idea and
installed a fresh version of Guix on a VM and started playing around in it.
I have a few questions regarding the project which I think you guys can
help me with:

1) The project title states "decentralized"... which i don't get. How
exactly is it decentralized? Similar to a P2P file sharing tech or
something else (BitTorrent)?
2) As per the project idea I interpreted that the technologies involved
would be c/c++, shell and a bit of networking. Is this correct or am I
missing something?
3) What would be the duration of the project? (175hrs/350hrs).

Thank you all and I hope to hear from you soon. :)

Regards