Re: installation on LVM on LUKS

From: Roman Scherer
Subject: Re: installation on LVM on LUKS
Date: Fri, 03 Mar 2023 16:05:24 +0100

Hi Emmanuel,

did you add the cryptsetup-static and lvm2-static packages to the
packages field of your operating system?

Apart from that, I think you also need to add the dm-crypt module to the
initrd-modules field of the of the operating system.

I'm not sure about your other question, but from what I understand the
reason why the kernel and the initrd live in the store and not in the
EFI partition might be that you actually would need to put the kernel
and the initrd for *each* system generation onto the EFI partition, so
you can boot different system generations. And that would fill up the
EFI partition pretty quickly.

I hope that helps.

Roman