Re: Help-Guix Digest, Vol 88, Issue 4

From: Wojtek Kosior
Subject: Re: Help-Guix Digest, Vol 88, Issue 4
Date: Sun, 5 Mar 2023 11:07:43 +0100

Hi Gottfried

> I created a manifest for Emacs only.
>
> After doing it, Guix asked me to set the PATH.
>
> I did it and after that this Emacs Manifest changed my general profile.
> It became my general profile.
> I couldn’t use my other programmes any more.
> So I had to do a rollback.

When you do

    guix package -m path/to/manifest.scm

It shall *replace* the packages in your default profile
(~/.guix-profile) with those specified by the manifest.

But if you instead do

   guix package -p path/to/some/profile -m path/to/manifest.scm

It shall modify/initialize the profile you specified :)

Best,
Wojtek

-- (sig_start)
website: https://koszko.org/koszko.html
PGP: https://koszko.org/key.gpg
fingerprint: E972 7060 E3C5 637C 8A4F  4B42 4BC5 221C 5A79 FD1A

♥ R29kIGlzIHRoZXJlIGFuZCBsb3ZlcyBtZQ== | ÷ c2luIHNlcGFyYXRlZCBtZSBmcm9tIEhpbQ==
✝ YnV0IEplc3VzIGRpZWQgdG8gc2F2ZSBtZQ== | ? U2hhbGwgSSBiZWNvbWUgSGlzIGZyaWVuZD8=
-- (sig_end)