Re: Grub installation and configuration

From: Felix Lechner
Subject: Re: Grub installation and configuration
Date: Tue, 7 Mar 2023 19:25:44 -0800

Hi Vagrant,

On Tue, Mar 7, 2023 at 2:52 PM Vagrant Cascadian <vagrant@debian.org> wrote:

> Kind of related, with EFI you could actually install additional system
> generations as entirely separate EFI boot entries
> (e.g. /boot/efi/efi/guix-N and /boot/efi/efi/guix-N+1) in case the most
> recent grub was broken for some reason.

Great timing! I had the same thought today for unrelated reasons. (I
saw embedded equipment that daisy-chained Grub from U-Boot.) Would we
then ship rEFInd with all installations or just rely on the general
EFI variables mechanism to facilitate the selection of the desired
Grub version by the user?

Kind regards,
Felix Lechner