Re: Mysteries of channel configuration during system reconfigure

From: Julien Lepiller
Subject: Re: Mysteries of channel configuration during system reconfigure
Date: Thu, 09 Mar 2023 07:46:08 +0100

guix system describe lists channels used to build your system, but they can be
different from the ones currently known to guix.

Does your /etc/channels.scm list the extra channels?

"guix describe" will be more accurate about what channels your current guix
knows about.

If you type "type guix" and "which guix", they should agree it's
~/.config/guix/current/bin/guix, not something else like ~/.guix-profile or
~/.guix-home or even /run/current-system

If you reconfigure as the root user, you should pull as the root user. If you
use sudo, which is recommended, make sure that the above works properly with
sudo too.