Re: Unable to find wireless printer/scanner (Canon Pixma MG2950) on Guix

From: Luigi Salamone
Subject: Re: Unable to find wireless printer/scanner (Canon Pixma MG2950) on Guix.
Date: Sat, 11 Mar 2023 11:26:34 +0000

Thanks!

Yes, I have '(name-service-switch %mdns-host-lookup-nss)' in my
/etc/config.scm.

Now...as for the scanner:
On Parabola I need to edit the file /etc/sane/pixma.conf (not present in
Guix) to add such a line: bjnp://MyPixmaPrinter.local. See
https://wiki.archlinux.org/title/SANE/Scanner-specific_problems#Canon
I also edit the file /etc/nsswitch.conf as indicated here:
https://wiki.archlinux.org/title/Avahi#Using_Avahi.

As for the printer:
I need the gutenprint drivers, which are not packaged for Guix. I've seen a
patch for this: https://issues.guix.gnu.org/45725
But unfortunately I have no idea which file to patch.

Greetings!
Luigi