Re: open config.scm with sudo and gedit or emacs

From: Kyle
Subject: Re: open config.scm with sudo and gedit or emacs
Date: Sat, 11 Mar 2023 18:58:04 +0000

Hi Gottfried,

I had some success editing things owned by the root user in emacs using Tramp.

The syntax a bit confusing. You search for the file in the usual way in Emacs,
but you delete all the text it fills in for you and instead replace it with:

```
 /sudo:$USER@localhost:/etc/config.scm
```

You can replace $USER with your username.