Re: redshift

From: Gottfried
Subject: Re: redshift
Date: Sun, 12 Mar 2023 08:03:40 +0000

Hi,

If I do a:

gfp@Tuxedo ~$ redshift -l 48:8 t 6500:3500 &

I am getting this message:

[1] 2859
gfp@Tuxedo ~$ Using method `randr'.
Waiting for initial location to become available...
Location: 48.00 N, 8.00 E

and nothing happens....
so I don’t know if redshift works

Kind regards

Gottfried

Am 11.03.23 um 18:25 schrieb Dr. Arne Babenhauserheide:

Gottfried <gottfried@posteo.de> writes:

I got a message from Julen Lepiller that reshift is a guix-home-service-type
so I can’t use it in guix system.

Have you got guix home and redshift there in your config.scm?

I don’t have guix home,
so can I use redshift?

I just run redshift by hand after start …

I’m sure there’s a better way, but since I restart my computer about
once a month, searching for that hasn’t been high on my list of
priorities yet.

Best wishes,
Arne