Re: Unable to find wireless printer/scanner (Canon Pixma MG2950) on Guix

From: Felix Lechner
Subject: Re: Unable to find wireless printer/scanner (Canon Pixma MG2950) on Guix.
Date: Sun, 12 Mar 2023 07:10:03 -0700

Hi Luigi,

On Sat, Mar 11, 2023 at 3:27 AM Luigi Salamone <lg.salamone@gmail.com> wrote:

> I need the gutenprint drivers, which are not packaged for Guix.

I'd also love to have Gutenprint, but my understanding was that it is
unlikely to be packaged anytime soon.

If I recall correctly, Gutenprint ships many small executables in each
driver. They have to be patched individually with absolute paths. A
dedicated individual could make a great difference there.

Kind regards
Felix Lechner