Re: Musescore and other music notation packages like Lilypond, Frescobal

From: Spencer Skylar Chan
Subject: Re: Musescore and other music notation packages like Lilypond, Frescobaldi, Denemo, Rosegarden
Date: Sun, 19 Mar 2023 13:50:06 -0400

Hi Gottfried,

On 3/19/23 12:52, Gottfried wrote:

I read today bad news about Musescore, customer support is very bad, people don’t get their money back ...

e.g. https://www.trustpilot.com/review/musescore.com

I don’t know if that is right, probably yes.

There are 2 websites for MuseScore:

- "musescore.com" is MuseScore's website for sharing sheet music online.
- "musescore.org" is the website for the actual music notation editor.

I agree that "musescore.com" is not an ideal service, but the editor is still good to use, as long as you don't upload or download anything from musescore.com within the MuseScore app. This includes sheet music and MuseScore version 4's MuseHub (I believe it downloads extra sounds from their network).

---
Skylar