Re: Musescore and other music notation packages like Lilypond, Frescobal

From: Gottfried
Subject: Re: Musescore and other music notation packages like Lilypond, Frescobaldi, Denemo, Rosegarden
Date: Mon, 20 Mar 2023 12:45:42 +0000

Hi,

thank you very much.

At the moment I don’t know how to use your songbook,
but that is not so important.
May be you can explain more, if you have got some time at some stage.
It is not urgent.

I tried to export a song from Musescore to Frescobaldi and it opened,
but with mistakes and to put everything right would need time and knowledge of lilypond.

1.
Did you install only lilypond and use it?
When I installed it, there was no icon/symbol in my menu
so I didn’t know how to open lilypond.

2.
How could I have opened lilypond?

3.
When I installed frescobaldi, than it was easier for me, because there was a symbol of frescobaldi in the menu.

4.
I would have to learn it from scratch
and additionally through importing songs from Musescore
I would see what the code looks like.

Kind regards

Gottfried