Re: image converter and resizer

From: Csepp
Subject: Re: image converter and resizer
Date: Tue, 21 Mar 2023 18:40:35 +0100

Gottfried <gottfried@posteo.de> writes:

> [[PGP Signed Part:Undecided]]
> Hi,
> thanks for your help.
>
>> Did you maybe type the wrong name, maybe "magik" instead of "magick"?
>
> This could be, even I tried several times and checked the name.
>

> I created a manifest with photoflare and imagemagick
> and both packages were installed.
>
> When I enter this profil
> I can open photoflare,
> but I can’t open imagemagick.
> bash doesn’t find it.
>
> I don’t know why.
>
> I still installed:
> julia-imagemagick
> julia-imagemagick-jll
>
> but still I can’t open it.

Those are for the Julia language, they are not what you want installed.
Use the package named "imagemagick".

If it still doesn't show up, that might be a bug.  I've ran into some
weird behavior where packages are reported as installed but aren't
visible in the profile.  But so far it hasn't happened with guix shell
profiles.