Re: How to properly upgrade Guix System & Home?

From: Julien Lepiller
Subject: Re: How to properly upgrade Guix System & Home?
Date: Wed, 22 Mar 2023 18:24:37 +0100

Most likely, you're just seeing a weird behavior caused by grafts. To make a
graft, guix needs the ungrafted package first, so it downloads it, grafts it
and adds it to the profile. The grafted package is live, so it's protected
against garbage collection. The ungrafted package is not, so it gets garbage
coldected.

When you reconfigure, guix needs to download the ungrafted package before it
figures out it already has the graft.

Since they have the same name and version, I think you're just cwnfusing the
two :)