Re: midi

From: Marek Paśnikowski
Subject: Re: midi
Date: Thu, 23 Mar 2023 10:09:14 +0000

------- Original Message -------
środa, 22 marca 2023 17:57, Gottfried <gottfried@posteo.de> napisał(a):

> I can’t play midi files or lilypond files ending ly.
> In Musescore PulseAudio is used and I can listen to the songs.
> In Lilypond or Frescobaldi I can’t listen. No sound.

Why don't you just use MuseScore?
I am aware that the MuseScore-Sheet service has had some shady practices
recently.
However, the notation software itself is independent of that situation.
I am of opinion, that the situation /could/ be an act sabotage by a competitor.

If you use YouTube, I suggest to find Tantacrul's channel.
Tantacrul is the lead designer of MuseScore, who posted excellent videos
reviewing a couple of professional-grade notation programs.
I am not a musician myself, but I was able to understand how great MuseScore 4
is.