RE: [Help-hurd] sparse super option

From: Kevin Musick
Subject: RE: [Help-hurd] sparse super option
Date: Tue, 19 Sep 2000 09:04:10 -0700

Marcus Brinkmann wrote:
> Well, it is in response to e2fsck 1.19. Grub doesn't care at all.

If you install Red Hat Linux 6.2, you get an ext2 filesystem that Grub will
not read properly.  Version 6.1 works fine, but something obviously changed
between those versions.  Grub reads partial file and directory names, but
scrambles them with garbage characters.  I'm using Grub 0.5.92, which is
slightly out of date, so I suppose I should try the newest version.

Kevin Musick
kmusick@teldar.com