Re: trouble starting X

From: Moritz Schulte
Subject: Re: trouble starting X
Date: 13 Nov 2000 17:46:21 +0100

"Petros Sidiropoulos" <pesid@kav.forthnet.gr> writes:

> While i try to startx an error appear that a file/command mcookie is
> missed. How can I install correctly this command (I have already
> download the util.tgz), which command to use and in which format
> ???.

This program isn't that important, you should be able to start x
without it. Which errors do you get else? Have you set
$LD_LIBRARY_PATH to /usr/X11R6/lib before running startx? Also, note
that there's a bug...only root is able to startx (I don't know if this
has changed/been fixed in XFree86 4?).

        moritz
--
/* Moritz Schulte <moritz@hp9001.fh-bielefeld.de>