throubles with dpkg

From: Atila Bohlke Vasconcelos
Subject: throubles with dpkg
Date: Tue, 14 Nov 2000 10:18:36 -0200

hello people,

i am really newbie with HURD and with Debian...i have instaled Hurd last
night (and Debian GNU/Linux at night before). But i am in trouble with dpkg...

i dont know use them very well...sorry :-(

when i try install any package, i get an error message, telling me dpkg is
not configured yet... then i try:

dpkg --configure dpkg

but i get an error message, telling me libc0.2 is not configured... then i try

dpkg --configure libc0.2

and then i get an error message: hurd package is not configured...and (again)
i try:

dpkg --configure hurd

but i return to get an libc0.2 error message....:-/

does have someone any tip (or trick?!?!?)?

sorry my lack of knowledge about theme...:-/

Atila Bohlke Vasconcelos aka Jedi
bohlke@if.ufrgs.br  bohlke@mail.ru
bohlke@cesup.ufrgs.br
http://www.geocities.com/jedi_bohlke