FreeDevelopers.net needs your help!

From: Daniel E Baumann
Subject: FreeDevelopers.net needs your help!
Date: Sun, 10 Dec 2000 14:31:28 -0600

Hello all. As some of you may have seen on GNU project home page there is
another project that the FSF has given it's seal of approval to and it's
FreeDevelopers.net (http://www.freedevelopers.net). Here is a little bit
about what we are trying to do:

FreeDevelopers is a democratic entity for the development of free software.
The free company, probably the first of its kind in the world, will be owned
and run by developers worldwide on a democratic basis in a sacred trust for
the benefit and protection of the world's citizens. It will pay all
developers to work on free software, and all developers will receive company
shares and stock options, also. All software of the free company will be
licensed under the General Public License (GPL) and remain free/open forever,
because all software must be available to all current and future generations
of developers, so that they can be the first line of defense to protect the
world from the inevitable tyrannical tendencies of proprietary software.

We are still young and there are many details to be worked out, but as you
can see we are trying something a bit different from the FSF. However, if you
are strongly commited to Free software, the GNU project, and the GPL, I hope
that you would consider joining us. We are trying to build a global company
and change the software paradigm forever.

--
Daniel E Baumann       baumannd@msoe.edu
Web location:          http://www.msoe.edu/~baumannd