Re: Threads

From: Mark Seaborn
Subject: Re: Threads
Date: 20 Dec 2000 23:57:48 +0000

Svanberg Liss <lisss@ydab.se> writes:

> Aah! You want transparent per-function threading at the binary
> level!  Actually, I'm quite interested in such ideas.

It sounds like you want a dataflow language.  Take a look at the Oz
language:  <http://www.mozart-oz.org/>.  It requires you to say when
separate threads should be started, but apart from that the flow of
data is handled transparently -- threads will suspend until a value
they need becomes available.

--
         Mark Seaborn
   - mseaborn@bigfoot.com - http://members.xoom.com/mseaborn/ -

  ``Water boils at a lower temperature at high altitude, which partly
     accounts for the nasty taste of coffee on the summit of Mauna Kea''