Network Configuration

From: Jonathan Hunt
Subject: Network Configuration
Date: Sun, 27 May 2001 14:59:09 +0800

Hi,

I'm sure this is probably really obvious to some of you so please put up with
me - I'm learning. Anyway, I got (through some disgraceful hacking) that
PCMCIA stuff to go under the GNU Mach kernel. Now when Hurd/Mach boots the
network card lights up just like it's meant to. I'm assuming this means the
network card has been found and configured. However I can't do anything on
the network I just get network unreachable errors. I presume this is because
although I now have a network interface I haven't configured it. But there
are no network config tools that I can find under Hurd such as ifconfig etc.
What am I meant to use to configure my network? Am I way off?

Thanks,
Jonny

--
Jonathan Hunt (The Real Jonathan Hunt) <jhuntnz@users.sf.net>
"He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain what he cannot lose."