Re: Other (non-posix) branches of Hurd

From: Jeff Bailey
Subject: Re: Other (non-posix) branches of Hurd
Date: Mon, 18 Jun 2001 11:09:45 -0700

On Mon, Jun 18, 2001 at 09:21:02PM +0400, Ildar Mulyukov wrote:

> Great. But would you advise me a good place to discuss the question? I
> actually don't know any :-(

There aren't any terribly good places to do so.  If you're serious
about doing this, I would recommend that you put together a document
explaining what you want to accomplish, and post it to
bug-hurd@gnu.org, and debian-hurd@lists.debian.org.  I can create you
a mailing list that is specific to your topic on the GNU site for any
followup discussion.

My experience has been that it's quite easy to generate discussion and
quite hard to generate code.  Because of this, I would suggest that
you focus your goals as tightly as you can so that more people are
tempted to send you code.

Tks,
Jeff Bailey