Re: trying to get X working, problems with keyboard

From: Marcus Brinkmann
Subject: Re: trying to get X working, problems with keyboard
Date: Mon, 22 Oct 2001 14:21:07 +0200

On Mon, Oct 22, 2001 at 06:20:22AM -0500, Bryan K. Walton wrote:
>       I am trying to get X working on the Hurd.  I believe I have all the
> necessary packages installed.  I got the Yasushis translators from
> alpha.gnu.org for kbd and the mouse.  I installed them following his
> instructions.

The Debian package of the Hurd comes with the kbd and mouse translator.
As I am not sure the old ones on the page you found still work, please test
the included ones.  The error seems to indicate that the old kbd translator
is broken.

Just for clarity: We talk about GNU Mach, not OSKit-Mach, right?

Thanks,
Marcus

Marcus.Brinkmann@ruhr-uni-bochum.de
http://www.marcus-brinkmann.de