Re: problems for a HURD new-bee!

From: Marcus Brinkmann
Subject: Re: problems for a HURD new-bee!
Date: Tue, 11 Dec 2001 20:22:33 +0100

On Tue, Dec 11, 2001 at 11:36:29AM -0600, Adam Majer wrote:
> Yes, but first installtion of dummy packages is _really_ needed:
>
> ftp://alpha.gnu.org/gnu/hurd/debian/dists/unstable/main/binary-hurd-i386/dummy/
>

> Could these dummy packages be incorporated into Debian?  just for Hurd of
> course.

Not as you might think of it.  They point out gross bugs, which have to be
fixed,
not hidden for our convenience.  If you are annoyed by them (please be! :),
you are encouraged to work on fixing the cause of the problem so the dummy
packages are not needed anymore.

Thanks,
Marcus

Marcus.Brinkmann@ruhr-uni-bochum.de