Re: single file translator

From: James Morrison
Subject: Re: single file translator
Date: Sun, 16 Dec 2001 12:41:28 -0800 (PST)

--- arun v <arunsark@yahoo.com> wrote:

> hi,
>
> Can u suggest a good example of a single file
> translator providing dynamic contents?
>
> Or
>
> Can u suggest a good application area in which a
> single file translator would be much useful?
> A good appln. area or idea about the potential uses of
> a single file translator would suffice, no need for
> working pgms ;-)
>
> Arun.

 Well, I have tried to collect translators that have been posted to
bug-hurd and debian-hurd at http://hurd.dyndns.org/hurd_release.html
.

The run translator is a good example of a single file translator.
The
filemux translator I think is a cool idea, but I should go back and
make it
useful.  It just barly works right now.

=====
James Morrison
   University of Waterloo
   Computer Science - Digital Hardware
   2A co-op
http://hurd.dyndns.org

Anyone refering this as 'Open Source' shall be eaten by a GNU