Re: Spam, Spam, Spam,....

From: Neal H Walfield
Subject: Re: Spam, Spam, Spam,....
Date: Thu, 20 Dec 2001 11:20:56 +0100

> > I subscribe to this list. I'm getting a bit exasperated by the large
>> amount of spam which occurs.
>>
>> Can the list be moderated? If no one else is willing, I'd be willing
>> to volunteer, if it were possible for me to act as moderator.
>
> You're right! I think that the list should be moderated.

Personally, I think this is all absolutely silly: first off, an
X-RBL-Warning header is added to all mail coming from gnu.org lists
that are sent from an open relay.  I send all of this mail directly to
/dev/null.  I also reject all mail with a content type of text/html or
mail with the ks_c_5601-1987 encoding used in the subject.  Looking at
my procmail logs, I have yet to kill a non-spam email and have a
greater than 95% kill rate on spam itself.  For those interested, here
is my .procmailrc file:

        DEFAULT=$HOME/.incoming-mail

        :0:

        :0: