Re: kernel troubles

From: Marcus Brinkmann
Subject: Re: kernel troubles
Date: Sat, 29 Dec 2001 00:21:14 +0100

On Fri, Dec 28, 2001 at 04:08:38PM -0700, mike burrell wrote:
> then i tried testing out the networking.  not so good.  a "ping 127.0.0.1"
> yielded a:
>
> Kernel General protection trap, eip 0x16ccce
> kernel trap, type 13, code = 0
> Dump of i386_saved_state 09888ad04:
>  .
>  . <register dump>
>  .
> trapno 13: General protection, error 00000000
> panic: trap

Holla! seems like a bug in the kernel.  Maybe it is related to having two
ethernet cards.  If you can do the test, pull one out and see what happens.

Then you can use both cards again, and boto gnumach-dbg in the gnumahc-dbg
package.  Then report he fault eip address again, so we see where it
crashes.

Thanks,
Marcus

Marcus.Brinkmann@ruhr-uni-bochum.de