RE: ext2fs-translator keeps crashing

From: Wikström, Mårten
Subject: RE: ext2fs-translator keeps crashing
Date: Fri, 4 Jan 2002 13:15:29 +0100

Ah, yes, it's 5GB. Now I feel incredibly stupid. I am very well aware of the 1
gigabyte limit.

> Remove the translator ("settrans -afg /linux") and then do
>
> e2fsck /dev/hd0s2
>
> and everything will be ok.  Or do "fsysopts /linux -w" to
> make it writeable
> and continue at your own risk :)

Hmm, the e2fsck fails. It says something that the filesystem size according to
the superblock differs from the physical size of the device. Is this because
the partition is larger than 1GB? I thought the e2fsck had nothing to do with
the ext2fs translator.

regards

Mårten