RE: ext2fs-translator keeps crashing

From: Wikström, Mårten
Subject: RE: ext2fs-translator keeps crashing
Date: Fri, 4 Jan 2002 18:00:38 +0100

Ok, here we go:

august:~# e2fsck /dev/hd0s2
e2fsck 1.25 (20-Sep-2001)
The filesystem size (according to the superblock) is 1281183 blocks
The physical size of the device is 524288 blocks
Either the superblock or the partition table is likely to be corrupt!
Abort<y>? no

/dev/hd0s2 was not cleanly unmounted, check forced.
Error reading block 524292 (Unknown code P 22) while doing inode scan.  Ignore
error<y>? yes

Error reading block 524293 (Unknown code P 22) while doing inode scan.  Ignore
error<y>? yes

Error reading block 524294 (Unknown code P 22) while doing inode scan.  Ignore
error<y>? yes

Error reading block 524295 (Unknown code P 22) while doing inode scan.  Ignore
error<y>? yes

Error reading block 524296 (Unknown code P 22) while doing inode scan.  Ignore
error<y>? yes

Error reading block 524297 (Unknown code P 22) while doing inode scan.  Ignore
error<y>? yes

Error reading block 524298 (Unknown code P 22) while doing inode scan.  Ignore
error<y>? yes

And so it goes on until I interrupt it. This looks to me as if some form of 2GB
limit in e2fsck is showing up. Is it using the ext2fs translator?? (Perhaps
it's a bug and should be reported on bug-hurd?)

Well, I guess the problem is somewhat less significant, as it is not possible
to mount the partition anyway.

regards

Mårten