Re: unable to re-boot

From: Marcus Brinkmann
Subject: Re: unable to re-boot
Date: Fri, 11 Jan 2002 15:42:33 +0100

On Fri, Jan 11, 2002 at 09:01:34AM -0500, David Walter wrote:
> I installed and was successfully running the HURD.
>
> After issuing apt-get update; apt-get upgrade this week, I was no
> longer able to boot.

Bad news indeed.  I did a mistake by uploading 20020103-1, as it might be
broken in a subtle way (it was compiled against a bad glibc).  It would be
nice if you could try 20020103-2 (currently in http://incoming.debian.org,
and will be installed later).  You can do

cd /gnu
./dpkg-hurd -i hurd*deb

to install it from GNU/Linux or a running GNU/Hurd.

I don't think you did anything wrong, and nothing that should affect you
changed, I think.  We can start to worry if it doesn't work with
hurd_20020103-2 :)

Thanks,
Marcus

Marcus.Brinkmann@ruhr-uni-bochum.de