Re: Third and Fourth IDE controllers and GNU/Hurd GNUMach

From: Philip Dodd
Subject: Re: Third and Fourth IDE controllers and GNU/Hurd GNUMach
Date: Fri, 18 Jan 2002 12:07:16 +0100

> >    This works fine, until the GNUMach wants to load the serverboot.
> >    Then it complains about missing device /dev/hd4s1.  Trying to give
> >    a different partition (like /dev/hd0s1) does not work either.

Firstly apologies for posting from a MS "news client" :)  I am at work,
which means that the details aren't very precise.

I have had immense problems getting an intstalled hurd to boot from any
other partition that sd0s1 on my machine.  In the end I reorganised the hard
drive and put it back on sd0s1.  I tried from the tarball, from the
cross-install script and from the H2 cds and all gave me this problem on
first boot from any partition other than sd0s1 :(

Good Luck!

Philip DODD