Re: Third and Fourth IDE controllers and GNU/Hurd GNUMach

From: Christian Holm Christensen
Subject: Re: Third and Fourth IDE controllers and GNU/Hurd GNUMach
Date: Fri, 18 Jan 2002 17:35:07 +0100

Hi Marcus et al,

On Fri, 18 Jan 2002 16:27:52 +0100
Marcus Brinkmann <Marcus.Brinkmann@ruhr-uni-bochum.de> wrote
concerning "Re: Third and Fourth IDE controllers and GNU/Hurd GNUMach":
> On Wed, Jan 16, 2002 at 07:35:06PM +0100, Christian Holm Christensen wrote:
> > So my
> > question is, can GNU/Hurd and GNUMach access the third and fourth IDE
> > controllers?
>
> I doubt it.  Can you see them recognised in the bootup text?  You should see
> lines starting with ide0, ide1, and, if detected, ide2 and ide3.
>
> If there are no such lines, you are out of luck.  If there are, please
> quote them here.

I'm out of luck I guess.  Hmm.  Does anyone know if I can redefine NHD
to 8 and rebuild Hurd, and solve the problem that way?

Yours,

Christian Holm Christensen -------------------------------------------
Address: Sankt Hansgade 23, 1. th.           Phone:  (+45) 35 35 96 91
         DK-2200 Copenhagen N                Cell:   (+45) 28 82 16 23
         Denmark                             Office: (+45) 353  25 305
Email:   cholm@nbi.dk                        Web:    www.nbi.dk/~cholm