Re: Help Installation

From: Oystein Viggen
Subject: Re: Help Installation
Date: Fri, 01 Mar 2002 14:21:46 +0100

* [Schmidt Péter]

> * What is the difference between G1, H1, H2 and H3 CD ROM images
>   at ftp://ftp.gnu.org/gnu/hurd/contrib/iso ?

Basically, letters further out in the alphabet are better, and for
releases with the same number, higher numbers are better.  H3 is the
newest one.

> * What would be more rapide method?:
>   - Installing Debian GNU/Hurd
>   - Installing GNU/Hurd from CD ROM image

The CD ROM images are Debian GNU/Hurd images.  If your computer can boot
from CD, installing from CD is nice.  I _think_ you can boot from a
floppy and still install from CD, but I don't really remember.  You can
find installation instructions at

Oystein
--
If it ain't broke, don't break it.