Re: yet more newbie questions

From: Richard Kreuter
Subject: Re: yet more newbie questions
Date: Mon, 11 Mar 2002 21:30:18 -0500

On Sun, Mar 10, 2002 at 05:51:14AM -0800, Kenneth Stailey wrote:

> The SiS 630EC (embedded controller(?)) version of the SiS 900
> ethernet does not seem supported by GNU Mach.  Is this right?  What
> would be the best way to add support--port the driver to GNU Mach or
> switch to OSKit and use the Linux driver?

  There's a GNUmach hardware compatibility guide at

http://www.freesoftware.fsf.org/thug/gnumach_hardware.html

The SiS 630EC isn't on the list :(

  I can't find an oskit hardware compatibility guide anyplace.
Oskit-mach is built with driver support from oskit, and the last oskit
release uses drivers from Linux 2.2.12, so if there's a Linux 2.2.12
driver for the card, then there's a chance there's support in oskit.

  Whenever the discussion has come up, the consensus of the relevant
has been that if any new drivers are to be added, then they ought to
be added to oskit.

Richard
kreuter at ausar.rutgers.edu