LD_LIBRARY_PATH troubles

From: Ludovic Court?s
Subject: LD_LIBRARY_PATH troubles
Date: Tue, 12 Mar 2002 15:03:14 +0100

Hi,

Is there something wrong with LD_LIBRARY_PATH under the Hurd? Actually,
depending on whether I am logged in as root or as a normal user, the linker
(as well as ldd) does or does not find the libraries. For instance, if I set
LD_LIBRARY_PATH to /X11R6/lib, then when I'm logged as root, everything is
fine (the linker finds the libraries for X clients), but as an unpriveleged
user, even though the variable is set, the libraries are not found.

Is there an explaination to this behaviour, or did I miss something?

Cheers,
Ludovic.